Continuous exposed to heat and sunlight during summers is not good for health. It is important to keep indoors cool even in places where there is no air-conditioning.
- Allow some sunlight in morning time and then close the curtains. Use deep coloured thick curtains. May use multiple curtains too.
- Use rolling mats, blinds and shades or curtains on balcony and other such more open areas. Prefer organic materials like bamboos etc.
- Pour some water on roof around evening to make the floors cooler
- Keep indoor plants and invest in a roof, balcony garden with suitable plants. Store water in decorative pots indoor
- Prefer LED lights , avoid CFLs
(Expert’s advice recommended).